Monday, October 31, 2016

September part 2

After the school carnival mentioned in the last post.

We celebrated 11 birthdays that occurred over the past quarter.















This will be Sothy, Sreywut and SengHua's last birthday with us as they graduate next year.

We had to skip out on the dinner with the kids and head to town as we had to catch a flight to Thailand in the morning.

We were to take our three children this time but hours before we left I checked everything to make sure we were ready to go.  I found that Joe's passport had expired since we bought the ticket and that Sam's passport had been expired for 2 years.  We had gotten their first pass port renewed it was my understanding that I wouldn't have to do it again for 10 years but I was wrong that it is every 5 years with kids.

I tell you I was pretty ticked that AIR ASIA sold us tickets on expired passports.  It's the first time I've ever paid for a service I couldn't use.  Sadly they have no intention of refunding our money and on top of that I was told it was my fault and was hung up on after waiting on hold for 20 minutes.   Heads up if your traveling with them that customer service gets a zero from us.

Anyways this was our second trip to Thailand for Calvary Mission Conference.
It was a pleasant time.  The teachings were great again as always on topic and timely meeting our needs.












I remember my first flight when we moved to Hawaii in the 70's.  I got to go in the cockpit and was given an American Airlines wing pin.  I think I was 3 or 4 and I still remember that.  I also remember watching Rocky on the screen but that's off the subject.  I thought this would be cool for Adah.



We did still get to take Adah on the trip, who had a blast.  My mother in-law paid her own way to go with us.  It was her first ride on a plane and her first time in another country and for Chenda as well.  The school was able to cover her trip.  Chenda get's extremely car sick so for her cars, planes and buses for a day was way too much for her.


Crazy Adah

They enjoyed the worship, seeing the gardens and despite not speaking English Chenda made a few friends.  I think mom and Chenda overall enjoyed going.  

Two people we met there one was someone I've always heard about but never thought I'd met was Rose Martinez who's a Calvary lady who's been working in Thailand and Cambodia for nearly 40 years.  So she was a bonus highlight for myself.  Also Jiai a lady from Japan who's stayed with us in Cambodia a couple times was at the conference, that was a pleasant surprise.
We met a man I quite enjoyed from China.  I loved his British accent, yes British. he spent 10 years in USA and I think he said 40 years in Britain but now lives back in China.  I can't share his name or photo but he's someone I'd like to know better in the future.





We met a man from Korean doing missions here in Cambodia.  He's working in the North, East part of the country which is pretty far and a pretty difficult place to live.  I love to hear of his works there.

So we supper thankful for the support we had to get there again this year.  It was quite nice and we really appreciate it very much.  Thank you.

  


Crazy Adah































My Friend



The biggest grapes I've ever seen 2 and 3 inches long.

Crazy Adah








































If you want to know Adah here is a good example of who she is.
This was our date night while mom got a massage with her mom.  (By the way mom's never had a massage before either.)
For dinner Adah gets a chicken, ham and cheese, she's eating the whole thing and loving it.  
So I go to take a picture of our moment and I get the "cheese" face.
Followed up with her "I know how funny that was"picture.



Adah is one of the most delightful creatures I think God has ever created.  Truly love that God gave us such a wonderful final gift.  Our boys would argue other wise.