Saturday, April 9, 2016

First things First

I need to say thank you to those who helped us get through last month.  Things are going to be very tight but I think we'll make it.  There was one couple who really came through for us during a pretty stressful moment.  I am thankful that people are put in place at the right time for the right moments.



I do have something a bit personal to share if you don't mind.
April 6th Ream and I have been in the mission field for 10 years.   
It's been a personal achievement of mine, to stay strong and open to being used.

Some of what has been accomplished so far through the ministry.  (with much help and by God's guiding and grace)

Built an orphanage, a school and a team house.
Housed more than 60 children over the years and sent 7 off to college so far
Seen over 500 salvations and baptized hundreds both Cambodians and foreigners.
Employed close to 70 locals, 25 of which we sent to college so that we could employ them.
Got to be involved in 2 verified miraculous healings.
Dug wells and built houses.
Helped with weddings and funerals.
Driven to the hospital countless times in the middle of the night.
Helped cows, pigs, dogs and goats give birth, and taught the kids how to butcher skin and tan.
Have loved, laughed and cried.
We've changed lives.

Not all of it ia 100% positive, there are tears and broken bones.  I've got kids that won't talk to us and a child I don't want to talk too.  Some who got saved are no longer saved.

I would say over the past ten years I've aged a lot physically and a bit worn out mentally.  I feel like I know less than I use to but perhaps it's because I realize there's so much more to know.  Oh it's been a ride.

I've only mentioned some of the cool things I can think of.  Sometimes I look at things others have accomplished and I am jealous with the desire to do more.  Sometimes I am so proud of what's been done I am amazed God would use people like us.

I want our list to be an encouragement to you.  God will use all who are open to being used.

Be OPEN