Thursday, June 9, 2016

Backing up a Bit

I searched all of our publications here and on Facebook and couldn't find this story.  So I'll share a short version of is and then give you the little update that happened this year.

December 2015   
We have an elderly lady that sits outside everyday selling beaded necklaces.  She bicycles a couple miles every day to do so.  We were coming up on Christmas and we though it would be nice to send Tate out to buy all her items, and just bless her.  Well it did.  Her son is a Christian and has tried to tell her many times about God but she never listened to him.  After our kindness she asked Ream why which lead to Jesus, which open up to Ream lead her to Christ with tears of joy.  It was such a touching moment that still gets me as I recount it. 




We've not see her for a while until today (June 6th).
She came back to sell but looking out my office window I could see her step by step drawing closer to the morning worship service at school, yet stopping short by a tree maybe 30 feet away.
So I hustled out there and got the staffs attention to invite her in and help her with a seat.

So this morning was her first time in church.
She told Ream after her husband who's 80 has been ill and she's had to be home.
It was good to see her again, it was awesome to see her drawn into church.

I'll try and get Ream together and we'll see about visiting her at her home and helping them out a bit more.

Very cool morning.